This plugin is a MUST HAVE for all developers. | 10+ Plugins in One | Yoolurs Builder v2

There probably wont be a UI update.
The UI offers the functionality it needs, I’d rather actually add features than change up the UI. (At least for now.)

Thanks for the feedback!

cool creations is the former name of #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback

1 Like

Oh I never knew that, interesting. Must be an old change since I’ve been on devforum for 2 and a half years and never heard of cool creations.

1 Like

What’s everyones thoughts on adding an automatic prop placer?
Basically over a selected area it will randomly place props. This is good for things like forests where you want to place a bunch of trees, rocks, bushes, etc. You will have the option to make them randomly rotate as well.

I got the idea after spending like 30 minutes just placing trees rocks and plants in a forest. Could save lots of time. It will have checks to prevent things like hovering over ledges.

• Yes add it, I will use it!
  • Yes add it, I probably wont use it though.
  • No do not add it, focus on other features.

0 voters

Small update!

~ Quick Pivot now works with ChangeHistoryService. This means you can CTRL + Z to undo it.

~ Added Performance Mode to the Grass Generator. Using the grass generator creates a lot of parts so I’ve decided to add this mode to reduce potential lag with the high part count it may cause. This sets the canquery, cantouch, and castshadow properties to false on all of the parts except the main top part. You likely wont even notice a difference in appearance yet theres a performance boost! I highly suggest keeping this mode on.

For those who’ve already generated lots of grass. You can run this command in the command bar to convert all currently placed grass patches to performance mode:

local num = 0

for _,v in pairs(game.Workspace:GetDescendants()) do
	if v:IsA("Model") and v.Name == "GrassPatch" then
		-- we are going to assume the part with the largest size is the main top part.
		-- depending on what you set your settings this could yield a false positive.
		-- Change these checks around for your specific use case if necessary!

local Mainpart = nil
		local currentMain = 0
		for _,part in pairs(v:GetChildren()) do
			if part:IsA("BasePart") and part.Size.Magnitude > currentMain then
				Mainpart = part
				currentMain = part.Size.Magnitude
			end
		end
		if Mainpart then
			--Mainpart.Color = Color3.fromRGB(255,0,0) set the mainpart color to red, I used this for testing.
			-- if you want to make sure its going to work with your specific presets switch out
			-- game.Workspace:GetDescendants() with game:GetService("Selection"):Get() then set the mainpart color
			for _,part in pairs(v:GetChildren()) do
				if part:IsA("BasePart") and part ~= Mainpart then
					part.CanCollide = false
					part.CanQuery = false
					part.CanTouch = false
				end
			end
		end

num += 1
	end
end

print("DONE! Patches Updated: "..num)

This should work as long as you didn’t apply any crazy presets. Worse case I left in testing instructions so you can test if your grass patches are going to work properly.

Sidenote: In the future I’ll likely add a setting to allow you to CTRL + Z your selection changes when enabled. I saw a plugin that just does that being sold for 250 robux and its a pretty easy feature to add.

Ok so if you use that command be weary that it caused a ton of studio lag for me. This is due to the following bug which has not been fixed:

Since this post is old and closed I did make an attempt to bring attention back to this issue. Will update everyone once thats fixed. The studio lag was so bad I had to undo the changes for now. (which you can also do easily by changing the falses to true in the command if you want to test for yourself if its gonna lag studio or not.)

For clarification my game had 2406 grass patches that were effected by the command. The map I am working on is massive so this may not effect you if you have a smaller map. It likely only applies to larger maps considering nobody else has really been actively reporting this issue recently. So chances are you’ll be fine just thought I’d warn about it.

For now I don’t recommend using that command or using performance mode if you have a large map or plan on having a lot of grass generations.

TL;DR don’t use performance mode or the command to switch existing patches to performance mode if you plan on making a large map with lots of grass patches (for now, due to a roblox bug thats out of my control.) I will update people on when the bug gets fixed so performance mode can be used. That command can be executed instantly at anytime anyways.

2 Likes

That’s useful thanks and also is there any ways turn wedge to part?

1 Like

I dont fully understand what you mean by turning a wedge to part.

If you mean converting a regular part into a wedgepart you can do that easily under the parts properties.

1 Like

Update from staff on the issue:

Don’t expect a fix this year unfortunately. Next time I update I will change the plugin so that Performance Mode is off by default until this gets resolved.

Woah… I love grass so much… thank you for grass generator lite

2 Likes

Np! Thanks for the feedback! :smile:

2 Likes

~ Performance mode for the grass generator is now off by default.
Idk when I’ll update the plugin next so I just want to get this out of the way now due to the issues mentioned above.

Staff said they wont be fixed within this year, once they are fixed I will make it the default again.

1 Like

Quick update, I will be adding some new features to yoolurs builder soon but I will also be increasing the price with the next update. Not only will the price increase I will be splitting up the features of yoolurs builder into smaller plugins. This means if you only want one feature of the yoolurs builder you can buy it for a cheaper price. Buying the yoolurs builder plugin will still always be cheaper than buying all of the individual smaller plugins so this is going to be the best offer regardless.

Just wanted to give a heads up! This will happen fairly soon so buy it now if you want the plugin while its still 478 robux. Or feel free to wait a bit if you only want to buy one of the plugins many features!

1 Like

I’m sorry but I’m not going to buy this when f3x is free and gets the job done just fine. A lot of these features are things that could be done with the tools studio gives you right out the gate extremely easily for free, and the ones that studio doesn’t have solutions for can be jury-rigged with relative ease. If it weren’t so expensive I could see this being an easy purchase, but I’m not going to spend 500 robux on a studio plugin that only really makes studio more convenient.

Still, this is a cool plugin and I hope your toolkit does well in the long run. It’s a very interesting concept and hasn’t really been done before, and I see that people already love it. Best of luck!

2 Likes

This was never meant to replace f3x or be direct competition in anyway. I originally made this plugin with no intentions of selling it I just personally needed the features and I didn’t see other plugins offering them. Only as I was making it I randomly decided I may as well sell it too as other people could find use within it.

This isn’t true, to name a few:

Selection Filters
Axis Locking
Waypoints
Tag Manager
Hide Parts
Headlight

Quick Pivot could also be added to the list but I guess you could always type a command in yourself to do that but that takes out a lot more time than just selecting 2 instances and pressing ALT + Q. Not to mention you have to rename both instances if they are named “Part” or “Model” and you have a bunch of things named that within the workspace if you were to do a command (which is what I used to do before making this plugin).

As for the other features like the Grass Generator, Mountain Generator, Auto Wedge, and Brick Generator those can obviously be done in studio but its significantly faster to be able to get it done with the push of a single button. The whole point is doing something that can already be done but faster so I guess in this case yea you can use studios tools to get the job done but I am offering a faster alternative.

For context there are a lot of plugins that offer just 1 feature that can sell for 200 - 300 robux. I saw a plugin that simply lets you ctrl + Z selection changes selling for 250 robux. I think thats very fair.
In my case 478 robux is the devex equivalent of $1.60 USD. If you want to jury-rig these features yourself instead of paying the devex equivalent of a dollar, then you are of course free to do so.

I 1000% think this plugin is well worth a little bit more than a dollar, which is also why I have plans to increase the price. If it’s not something you think you need or its just not for you, no hard feelings.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

Will you add more grass? If so then a price increase is understandable and warranted.

1 Like

Hey! Great plugin here.

Although I suggest you improve the UI to make it more modern/sleek/appealing.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Glad you like it.

1 Like

Quick update, the price has now risen to 725 robux. I’ve split up most but not all of yoolurs builders features into seperate plugins if you are interested in purchasing a single feature for a smaller price!

For those unhappy about the price change I want to remind you that even though I didnt turn every single feature into its own plugin. If I were to set all of the current ones to the minimum possible price (100 robux) it would still cost you 900 robux to buy them all. So by having all the plugins in one you are getting a cheaper price than what would even be possible with individual plugins. Not to mention 725 is more than a 50% discount than the 1524 robux total it would cost you to buy all those plugins.

2 Likes

This plugin is incredibly useful. I find myself using a lot of features regularly, especially quick pivot. It’s become a proper part of my studio. Saves a ton of time using features like the mountain/grass generators and makes annoying and tedious tasks quick and easy with features like quick pivot. Great plugin. Will be using it for a long time to come. How long do you intend to support it?

2 Likes