What are you working on currently? (2023)

A “swiss army knife” plugin i personally use.
Not public, but i’m planning to release it to the public when i feel like it’s perfect enough.
The current features that the plugin holds is the ability to import Text files into module scripts, a rbxtemp:// manager, Terrain-To-Part and TerrainRegion managers (Named as Terrain Shenanigans), Lighting Managers (Currently only saves the lighting properties into an instance as attributes) and a Sound tester that i recently developed and still work in progress, with a very unstable waveform display.

imageimage

2 Likes

Emm, just some realistic horror games, I am planning to spend a lot of money on making the game, Idk how it’ll go but it’ll release soon.

Trying out a RPG styled game

(Image if video ever expires)

I haven’t made much progress on it, other than a few maps and a star system (which still doesn’t work right lol)

4 Likes

Cool gravity testing with my racing game:

It is still shaky sometimes and I have to fire an event to make the bridge start however, I think the shakiness is because it is in Roblox studio and running on my computer.

2 Likes

Cool little cooking game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re welcome to try our Audioscape app out. We just did a livestream demo and discussion on copyright-clear music.

2 Likes

im working on a obby i guess?
this game will be very random honestly, its based in the past

i am also working on modeling a character which im very lazy to finish and fix/improve [i can do much better i swear]

1 Like

Currently, I’m working on my game called Space Travel Mission. It’s a game where you travel to other planets and moons in the galaxy while completing missions. I have created a story to the game, as well as repeatable missions. There are, currently, three gamepasses for the game. Here’s link to a youtube video of gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dnW7VRV78

Here’s a sneak peak at an unfinished remodeling of the missions building in my game:

Link to my game: Space Travel Mission - Roblox

1 Like

been working on UGC commissions :smiley:

1 Like

This year, we’re continuing our work on our game design team’s main game, WillyEdison’s Microgames!

It’s not one game, but twelve! Dodge an angry monkey’s bananas. Escape the maze before anyone else. Maneuver through a series of one-way conveyors. But that’s just a sample - come see what else we offer!

1 Like

Been exploring character physics customisation and created a system that allows for skidding & slipping across surfaces:

These interact nicely with EXPLOSIONS

Bonus fun in the air! Whee!

20 Likes

Woah, this is cool! How did you customize the character’s physics, making them slide or slow with friction? I tried once and Roblox characters seem to behave very differently, in terms of physics, than other Roblox objects.

2 Likes

I utilised the new ControllerManager system which lets you customise several properties of characters, like friction & speed multipliers, air control etc.
image image

Here’s the link to the announcement post! It has code snippets in there.

To make the sliding better & more characterful I used some mathematics to compare the player’s inputted movement with their current velocity, playing custom animations + sounds if I determine they’re skidding/sliding.

In short, I use the vector dot of the player’s velocity compared to their humanoid’s movement direction, basically if the player is trying to move backwards, but they are actually moving forwards due to low friction, the number returned will be -1 because the difference in velocity is completely opposite!

10 Likes

I quickly made a tech demo (if you can call it like this?). Basically it’s a mediocre third person ffa shooter on a small map and you need to pick up a gun which only has 1 mag in it, but the catch is you use grapple hooks to fly away or into players, and also to get around. I am thinking of building maps vertically and making them small to make it a little bit more chaotic. If i actually finish developing this game, it would turn into one of those press-play-and-shoot type of games where you gonna play it for a couple of days.

Here is a link to a video of me playing against myself)

Oh and this is actually my first time ever publishing something related to my game development. It would be awesome if i could playtest it with some people before committing my freetime into it. And no i am not begging for anyone to actually go ahead and playtest it.

5 Likes

I came across this post a bit late but I figured I might as well toss in my current project:

world of chaos is about telling a story with absolute freedom both from players and the npcs that live in the world. the entire map (except for the lobby naturally) is destructible.

the entire game was made by me over the course of 3 years and I’m still slowly adding more to it.

2 Likes

Improving my scripting skills since I suck :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
(I’m a beginner)

It’s time of chamba

19 Likes

Looks amazing. For some reasons it gives me gta 4 vibes even though i played it very long time ago

Game thumbnail for my Overwatch styled game (Thumbnail is still a WIP)

1 Like

I’ve been working on the game Ride & Emergency for a while, and finally after so many work, the game has been released. It’s an RP game based on an italian city, overlooking the ligurian gulf. I would like y’all to check it out here! (2) Ride & Emergency, Italy - Roblox

14 Likes