Add a #platform-usage-support category to prevent off topic posts

Huge suport!

I read this post a while ago but never really thought this was a problem. This category NEEDS to be added. Some questions like “What does the commissions tab does on the Revenue page?” or “How can Roblox determine if my Robux are actually useful for DevEx” are questions that I currently have and there’s no category to post them. This will be pretty useful for most members since we can’t access #lounge

3 Likes

This is needed now more than ever, with the new FF subcategories being abused drastically.

This forum needs an accessible catch-all place for this kind of junk to stop it polluting useful categories.

4 Likes

This feature has had 100% support from September 18-earlier today, a span of 93 days. turns out poll was added Nov 13, so a span of 38 days. It still has 98% support, only one person does not support. DET should have noticed our concerns by now. We all want and need this.

2 Likes

I agree with this, a lot of posts in the #development-discussion category are questions – not actual discussions. I don’t blame them as they have nowhere else to post the topic.

1 Like

To add to this, I also have some questions about the platform, but I can’t put them in #development-discussion because they aren’t actually discussions and they just take up space.
I fully support this, and as @Ty_IsHomeSchooled said:

2 Likes

I agree, this should be beneficial to the community and should prevent off-topic posts. It should also fix some issues in the discussions, and you totally got my support.

1 Like

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-having-technical-issues-with-images/966080
This is one of many examples of a post which could belong in this category – we all want this, and this is needed, please add this.

2 Likes

This should’ve gone to website bugs instead because this is a bug report (website doesn’t load transparent PNGs correctly) rather than a question on how to use the platform.

2 Likes

I’m bumping this thread yet again.

This issue is getting worse and worse. At this point, #help-and-feedback:game-design-support is completely filled with spam and off-topic replies, not at all relevant to game design, instead, this category is being used to fill platform questions.

In this picture (credit: @sjr04) every single recent post in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support could be flagged:

This needs to be addressed and added.

3 Likes

Could this be considered? Flagging posts seem like a chore now

Now I don’t have an issue with flagging posts but when you have so many in a day it’s overwhelming…

2 Likes

Hi developer relations,

We need this category to be added. It’s mandatory to ensure I and other developers can keep using the Developer Forums as a resource instead having to constantly flag things and get frustrated.

In case your argument to not add this category is that we have Roblox support, I’d like you to know that nearly all people I’ve talked to have bad experiences with support.

The people who post off-topic on the Developer Forum to get proper help for their problems are frustrating, but on the other hand I also understand them; there is no alternative (Roblox support isn’t an alternative; canned responses that don’t help you at all are ruling there).

Please consider this. Thanks.

2 Likes

Bump because this should be released 10000000%. This would decrease a lot of #development-discussion spam, like a lot. While I understand this is supposed to be a “development” forum, a lot of still development related posts don’t fit a certain category on the forum.

4 Likes

This is needed on the DevForum, I support this completely. Miscellaneous questions often get flagged and are left unanswered, thereby stopping the developer from learning. There are so many questions that have been asked about Studio, about TOS clarifications, and either nobody answers them and they fade into obscurity, or they get flagged and deleted by staff.

3 Likes

Hey folks, we’re thinking of opening this category, could you link me some posts that are high-quality examples (useful to others, well-written) of questions that are a great fit for this new category? We’ll use those threads to seed the content (move those over to the category upon creation so people have an idea of what should go there at a glance of the topic list).

@sjr04 @PeZsmistic @FxllenCode @Automationeer @Ty_Scripts @DutchBloxxer

3 Likes

Sure, here are a couple of popular examples just from the past few weeks or so.

While a few of these ended up being solved by themselves, not all users would have been able to do this and a category for this would be really beneficial. I have had a few of these problems in the past personally (namely publish failing and translation problems) and should these posts have existed in an accessible place, they would have benefited me greatly.

3 Likes

I’ve made some research about my problem and it got fixed after deleting canvas group

Thanks! Other folks: keep them coming, the more the better.

Sorry to those who a got a notification from their topic being linked

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks folks, I added the new category as requested and moved over some of the linked topics and some others I found: #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support

These are subject to change based on how it fares:

I’ll leave this feature request open for a while to collect feedback. Thanks for suggesting!

13 Likes