Chat with Voice Developer Beta

Spatial voice is still in beta they will release cool scripting shenanigans whenever it isnt.

7 Likes

(its probably a ban)

5 Likes

Has anyone else been having an issue with this? I can’t post a bug report for some reason but its like its failing to connnect to my mic after loading for about 5 minues.

14 Likes

Chat with Voice will roll out to all eligible 13+ users in the US and exit beta in the coming weeks.

At Roblox, we prioritize safety and civility on our platform, as a result, we are removing this feature from private servers. We are working towards a solution to enable Chat with Voice within private servers in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

62 Likes

Are there any plans to improve the current UI solution for displaying Spatial Voice Activity? I don’t think I speak for just myself when I say that having a constant bubble above the player’s head ruins the immersive experience. Why not include it in the top bar ribbon, just like chat?

Would love to hear what the team’s thoughts are on this.

24 Likes

When will the API for voice chat come out so that developers can better manage players and users?
Adding more users to a feature that is a pain to develop around is aggravating. The irony of releasing this product without good developer controls feeling tone deaf is not lost.

To handle muting disruptive players, you need to use a hacky SDK solution: VoiceChatSDK - Mute, Unmute, Set Volume & More!

The priority of safety and civility should be core values to any developer on this platform. And as such, let us help you with this priority by giving us the tools to deal with those that may not speak with civility.

Adding a bool to determine if a player can speak or not would already be a huge quality of life improvement.

Please give us an update on the status of the voice chat API.

98 Likes

It’s extremely difficult to hear that this feature is leaving beta this soon given how much hasn’t been provided so far. I strongly hope they change course on this because these basic features are a must in pushing this scale of users.

26 Likes

How did any feedback given for 3 months over a year* go unaddressed, but the feature is still going to leave beta?
ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵘᵖᵈᵃᵗᵉ ʷᵃˢ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶜʰᵃⁿᵍᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵃᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶜʰᴬᵗ ᵂᶦᵀᴴ ᵛᴼᴵᶜᴱ

How does a feature that has a complete lack of developer agency go live while “respecting the community”?

I’m just curious.

20 Likes

This change genuinely upsets me. I use VC in private servers during regular game nights with my family back home. As I live across a whole ocean, I understandably cannot afford to fly back and forth repeatedly to hang out with them. Roblox was perfect for us - it allowed us to play a plethora of games in private spaces without needing to use a chat filter that is god awful for any sort of communication in languages different than English.

I’d love to switch to public servers for game nights but it’s not as fun to play games with your grandparents when kids repeatedly walk up to you and either make fun of your native language or are straight up xenophobic towards us.

Now, not only do I need to make sure that their devices are strong enough to run Roblox, I need to make sure that their strong enough for Roblox and a different VOIP platform riddled with scammers and that their internet speeds are fast enough to handle the streaming of both. Completely forget incorporating any other relatives to gamenights now as everything now gets overcomplicated.

It is so painful that I have to cancel gamenights with my distant family cus Roblox seems to have a decision making quota for all features that get disabled with no real ETA on when they get reenabled.

29 Likes

Are there any plans for a release outside the US? Also, was the choice made to avoid overloading the moderation?

14 Likes

Called roblox being terrible at project management.

9 Likes

Can I get a clarification on Chat with Voice in reserved servers?

If I understand correctly, Private Servers are user created on roblox.com and Reserved Servers are what we create as developers with TeleportService. Will voice chat continue to work in Reserved Servers?

9 Likes

Please re-enable this ASAP

Sincerely,
The Roblox Community

10 Likes

That makes little sence. Don’t you have moderation in private servers?

8 Likes

how many features will you remove from private servers until theyre unusable

14 Likes

So everybody with a phone number and an email who’s accounts are over 13 get it? So many under 13s have a phone, anybody can make an email address at any age, and you can lie about your age on Roblox. Beforehand you had to use an age of a parent or something, prove the age. Now you don’t? Crazy, and all those people who are verified with IDs, what do they get now? Nothing special, just seems like a waste.

15 Likes

How can voice chat go a year in beta and still no developer API? That was the most prevalent request.

18 Likes

Yo Glad to hear this news however voice chat in private servers should be a “Parental Control” feature rather than just removing it completely. I understand why you would set it up like that but there’s a lot of players who play with friends in private servers

15 Likes

Please try listening to community feedback for a change. Whatever deadlines there are, they can move. This feature is not done enough yet and is difficult to adopt/disruptive to release as is with its goofy bubble floating right in the middle of screenspace waiting for you to accidentally click on it, and missing API to allow developers to control when people can speak. We have API for kicking players and muting players in chat, but none for voice? Not good enough yet.

29 Likes

You are so right, I can’t express how much annoyed I am that everytime I accidently click that floating bubble when I am in a game and everyone can hear me without me noticing for more than a minute, because of this I have to disable the microphone through it’s built-in hardware button that allows me to mute it.

Besides that, the icon is obstructing my view a bit which is quite annoying as well.

16 Likes