Chat with Voice Developer Beta

No as in the same moderation for Voice Chat in private servers

11 Likes

On top of that, we don’t even have push to talk, the ability to separate voice from normal music.

The idea that it’s going live in a few weeks feels like a terrible idea.

21 Likes

The push to talk you can just keep muting and unmuting yourself, separate voice from music you have a point but you can mute other’s

14 Likes

Not everyone keeps their mouse hovered over the mute button 24/7 and in a lot of cases, you’re actively gaming and doing other things… Having push to talk is an essential part of any voice chat functionality which would be nice to also have on Roblox.

17 Likes

Yeah, no. I’d rather have VC in private servers than only in public. I only use VC in public servers anyways, so it’s basically useless to me now. Thanks, Roblox, for taking away something that I loved. Guess I am keeping myself muted unless I am playing on a friends-only game.

Isn’t public VC even worse than private VC when it comes to safety? When you are on a private server; you are most likely with just your friends. It makes no sense to restrict this. Simply walk away from everyone else and you got a possibly dangerous situation.

Big Roblox L. People deserve to be mad about this as this is just a dumb decision. I doubt Roblox will add the VC to private servers any time soon, so we’ll be stuck with this. Would probably take more than a year for Roblox to add it back or just forget about it entirely knowing their track record.

21 Likes

I understand the update and the reason Roblox has decided to remove Spatial Voice from private servers, however that’s actually - not beneficial at all.

What would get a child to talk to a (possible) predator in a private server via Spatial Voice? Aren’t you supposed to moderate everything that goes through players’ microphones? My point is: players use Spatial Voice in private servers because they don’t have access to third-party apps, which are more dangerous. Additionally, you have two usage scenarios for private servers:

• Friends
  • Gamenights, events and similar

…and in both situations they’re a safe environment. PSes used for events are, essentially, “invite-only public server”, so what’s the point, if public chat is not even properly moderated?

I see no much of a possible danger to anyone using Spatial Voice in private servers. Private servers exist as an “already-safe” environment. What Roblox should prioritise is in monitoring and moderating the public usage.

22 Likes

is it just 13+ or 13 and over?

16 Likes

unless moderation steps it up this is going to descend into chaos :skull:

15 Likes

Spatial Voice is available for those who only have 13+.

16 Likes

Roblox Moderation has already been interconnected with the feature once having experiences with Spatial Voice. If we go to Natural Disaster Survival, as a sample, we can see an interface named BETA:

For a short explanation of the message through the image above, if you encounter a user behaving insignificantly while not following the Community Standards (in general), you need to report it through the “Report Abuse” feature. Roblox records what you say and can legally collect, use, and store for safety as you, the player, selected to have the Voice Chat enabled.

26 Likes

yea cuz some games have that new topbar buttons thing and it just covers their images/text a bit

21 Likes

13+ = 13 and over
i think thats what the plus means

18 Likes

oh yeah that’s a problem. like you’re in a camping game with voice chat but voice chat is only in the lobby.

21 Likes

It took that long?

I’m so excited, I was falsely banned from voice chat until it’s out of beta and I am clueless to a reason still to this day. Probably because I swore a bit but that’s all I can guess.

20 Likes

Will we get a better VoiceChat API? For example setting players voice channels (for teams, etc) or binding the voice chat to a button instead of the UI above the players head (since it doesn’t work for first person games)

27 Likes

Oh I see however, didn’t they say the meaning of context matters? Assuming you’ve been invited to a private server/joined a friend’s private server means surely the moderation should not be as strict. If they are going to continue with this context idea, I feel like moderation will become a little harder.

21 Likes

Will voice chat be available for 13+ users only in the US or will be released for other countries too? and when will it start rolling out?

34 Likes

what about outside of the US? i also wanna get it

27 Likes

You can still have access to enable Voice Chat from other countries

31 Likes

Why is Chat with Voice being officially released as a feature without its corresponding developer APIs?

I’d dare to say that it can’t even be considered a finished feature yet without giving developers the ability to manipulate it.

29 Likes