(Plugin) ThreeDText 2: Create Text With MeshParts!

ThreeDText 2

What is ThreeDText?

ThreeDText is a plugin that creates text using MeshParts. Choose from twelve fonts, most of which supports characters for English, Spanish, French, German, and Icelandic.

Features

• Simple, intuitive point-and-click usage, with very nice UI.
    UI Preview

imageimage

• Choose from twelve carefully optimized and properly kerned fonts.
    Fonts

• Customizable color, material, size, and spacing.
  • Text objects can be edited even after being placed.
  • Undo/Redo support.

Demos/Images

Simple Placement + Editing

Multiple Language Support

thank u for coming 2 my sales pitch. I suck at these.

96 Likes

Your plugins never fail to amaze me! Great stuff! :smile:

3 Likes

This is a truly amazing plugin, great work!

You are a god. This will be so useful.

1 Like

This will be so useful + save me so much time oh my… Thank you for this!

1 Like

I believe I may have identified an issue where having the plugin active causes a delay in loading a test session in Roblox Studio because it is trying to require various asset ids on the client, which results in the following warnings:

15:58:34.049 - [ThreeDText] Font Graduate cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.051 - [ThreeDText] Font Lobster cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.052 - [ThreeDText] Font OrbitronBold cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.052 - [ThreeDText] Font ArvoBold cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.052 - [ThreeDText] Font Beon cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.053 - [ThreeDText] Font DeValencia cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.053 - [ThreeDText] Font GrandHotelRegular cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.053 - [ThreeDText] Font Pacifico cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.053 - [ThreeDText] Font PlayfairDisplayBold cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.054 - [ThreeDText] Font BalooRegular cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.054 - [ThreeDText] Font AliceRegular cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client

not sure if this is just a problem with Studio trying to load plugins when a test session starts but here is a recording of what I mean

Apologies for the low quality GIF, it wouldn’t upload here so I had to use Giphy.

1 Like

It’s the plugin trying to download the fonts by requiring a bunch of modules. This is harmless, but I should disable them outside of edit mode anyway.

EDIT: Done. The plugin will not run during a test server/play solo (the button will still be there in play solo, but it won’t do anything)

2 Likes

This one will prove to be useful!

Amazing plugin! I’ve already used it in my games and I love it!

It would be a great idea for detailed place or Phantom Forces edit, so yeah.

Very cool. keep up with the good work.

1 Like

This plugin is very useful. Instead of searching for font packs in the toolbox you could just use this plugin.

This is a great plugin! The plugin makes it easier to put 3D word displays compared to manually creating words using parts.

I added a few more fonts! Also changed UI a bit and accommodated the recent changes to text boxes.

This is indeed awesome work! I remember, a long time ago, the first time I wanted to make 3D text I had to build all the letters and move them around. Anyway, thank you for this contribution!

Thanks for making this plugin it made making signs a lot faster for my game!

I’ve been waiting for something like this, I do like the old one very much still so I plan to switch between the first version and this one as the first version has some ‘classical’ value to me.

Thank you for this,
Made_You.