Material Essentials 1.1

What is Material Essentials?

• It’s a Blender node pack that allows the user to quickly and easily create high-quality ROBLOX materials for rendering purposes.

What makes this useful?

• Material Essentials is designed for Blender beginners and developers who have no experience with 3D programs. It allows you to create materials for your exported maps and objects with a few simple clicks. All the textures and maps are configured for you, so you will be able to create awesome renders in minutes.

How much does it cost?

• "IT’S FREEEE!"

Where can i get this?

221 Likes

Oh my gosh thank you so much XD

This is amazing

:sob: I see the light. :pray:

1 Like

It’s now available on Blendswap! Have fun playing around with it. Let me know if you make something cool with it!

4 Likes

Um.
blob.png

You’re jk’ing or bs’ing?

Funny story actually. I had to mark it as Fan Art because the content of the .blend is inspired by a franchise. I also do not own the textures contained in the .blend file.

1 Like

Okee then since its basically ROBLOX’s materials and they let us (mostly) commercialize their work, its safe to use for commerical work then. woo.

Thanks, forwarding link to some people.

How do you use this? I downloaded the blend how would I apply the node to my own object

You can copy and paste the node into your own .blend file. If the textures don’t transfer you can try importing the file in there instead.

2 Likes

Well does not seem to work in Blender 2.8 :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I guess they’ll have to fix it later, there might be equivalents between 2.79 and 2.8 but there is a major difference when you accidentally jam in some other things(new features), that shifts other features into unintended functionality.

It’s mainly because a lot of the shaders used aren’t in blender 2.8 yet. I believe Maplestick created this before the principled shader was a thing. Pretty sure you can easily convert this to blender 2.8 by plugging in some parts of the node setup into a principled shader.

Is there any chance you’ll make an updated version of this?

With new materials coming out and all, I think a 2.0 version would greatly help GFX artists.

2 Likes

Sure, why not?

It’s about time i used proper normal maps as well.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot dude, this is “the light, at the end of the tunnel”

@maplestick Does this work on 2.9 and 2.8?
Didn’t tested it out yet

EDIT: Tested it out now, works perfectly fine!

Bruh I thought this was made like today… just found out it was made in 2017 yet it looks epic.

Amazing that this is publicly available. Should provide beginners to blender an easy set of workable materials. Thanks for this!

Wow thanks this is really helpful!