Lightweight, and highly customisable Lightning Effects for use in Roblox. Can be made into all sorts of special effects. Has been previously used within the popular game elemental battlegrounds.
- Layered, moving Perlin noise with a variety of animation properties
- Uniform disk-point picking for even distribution of control points
- Can go along a Bezier curve rather than just straight-lines (i.e. Similar to how rblx beams curve)
- Varying thickness, length, and, transparency
- Can use ColorSequences
- Lightning “Sparks” and “Explosion” sub-modules
- Can smoothly travel as a projectile trying to reach a point with a variety of kinetic properties
- Uses a PartCache for performance (v1.1)
Don’t attempt to use Sparks or Explosion with the latest version. I’m working on a refactor for these that work with the latest version and will be bundled into version 2. Version 3 is likely to be similar but will instead use a cache for mesh-skinning.
Deprecated old version(s):
There are 2 versions. A version which uses Parts which looks better but lags more and another version which uses ImageHandleAdornments to run much faster (inspired by this also great module. )
You can also check it out here on GitHub which also lists all API.
Recommend adding a bloom effect to game.Lighting whilst lowering threshold and changing intensity
Recommend setting Enabled = false when far away from.
If you use this in a creative way, I’d love to see it in a reply here or on Twitter:
@EtiTheSpirit for their amazing PartCache module which this now uses by default
If you have any suggestions or find any issues, please raise an issue on the github link or pull request.