I’ve been looking forward to sharing this news for a long time, and it’s a touch surreal that it’s finally happening!
At Roblox, we care a lot about making it as easy as possible for you to find success on the platform. One of the exceptional aspects of this community is how collaborative everyone is, from two friends spending their evenings experimenting on Studio Team Create, to larger studios and teams building out robust development pipelines so they can roll out weekly updates on their front page game.
No matter your background, we realize it can be difficult to find the right person to collaborate with. And that’s only the half of it - once you’ve found someone, you then must trust them enough to share the work you care so much about!
This is why we’ve built the ‘Roblox Talent Hub,’ a platform where any creator can find someone to collaborate with.
The opportunities for Talent Hub are endless. If you want to find someone to work with, hire someone to your team, or get connected with a job, Talent Hub is the place to go.
Currently in Open Beta, we’re offering a selection of tools for select creators to start:
- Search and filter for open Jobs
- Showcase your previous Roblox projects on the Creator Page
- Apply for Jobs and chat with the Job Poster within Talent Hub
- Mark yourself as ‘Open to Work’ and field Job invitations
- Post your Job and manage incoming applicants
- Search and filter public Creator Pages and invite creators to apply for your Job
During this Open Beta, we will be inviting many of our top creators and most engaged developers to the platform. This will be broken up into phases that will slowly open up as we continue to test and collect feedback.
Starting today, a select number of our most active contributors to the dev forums and platform will be able to access the Talent Hub. After about two weeks of testing with that group, we plan to expand access to even more creators - in this phase, everyone with access to the ‘Collaboration’ section of the forums will have access.
To find out if you’re one of the select few in the initial batch, visit the Talent Hub here.
If you cannot access Talent Hub yet, we recommend waiting until after August 15 before trying again. Over time, we will continue to expand until all creators are able to join and collaborate through Talent Hub!
A lot of work has gone into this from every member of the team I’m lucky to call myself a part of, so I would like to thank them all for their hard work, and we hope that you find some great people to work with on Talent Hub!
- We have a number of different entry criteria that are slowly relaxing throughout the Open Beta. If you cannot get in yet, please try again in a week or two as we expand invitations. Additionally, if your Roblox account is Restricted, you will not be able to access Talent Hub even if you were invited.
- You will notice some users have a ‘Verified’ next to their names in Talent Hub. When a user is verified, this is Roblox saying that we reasonably think that this user is a real person and is the person they report themselves to be. This is a signal you can use to help build trust with someone new. You can Verify yourself by verifying your age on your roblox.com profile.
- Accounts with a parental PIN who are NOT Verified set cannot view or search for Jobs and Creator Pages posted by users who are also not verified on Talent Hub. This is a mechanism for parents and guardians to allow their children access to a more limited, more secure Talent Hub experience. In the future, we will continue to expand on the functionality available to set various levels of restrictions on Talent Hub - this includes no longer directly using the parental PIN.
- The Collaboration section on DevForum has been locked. By the end of the year, we will be deleting the category entirely, as Talent Hub will be wholly replacing the entire section.
- We have written some articles to help creators protect themselves whilst working with others online, as well as educational materials for parents who have an interest in their child’s Roblox creator journey.
- Talent Hub Open Beta was built specifically for computers - mobile is not fully supported. We made this cut so that we could get the platform out sooner, and will be officially supporting mobile in the future, so keep your eyes out for an announcement! As such, we recommend using a desktop or laptop when using Talent Hub.
- All longer text boxes support limited Markdown, which allow you to format your text, and also include images. Take a look here for what the syntax is to do that.