Windows incorrectly docking in Studio, malformed windows

god sake its happening again, they’ve broken docks again.

this is definitely related to a previous issue: Random UI Fragment Appearing after Run Testing (New UI)

4 Likes

they really need to fix it. I literally can’t do anything lmao.

2 Likes

I have a game that I need to finish this month. But because of Roblox, I can’t.

2 Likes

Studio pretty much nearly unusable for me where local server testing is concerned. I tried testing with 2 players, reloading studio, deleting a load of older plugins, and this issue still happens.

Last time I responded to one of these it was disregarded as a plugin fault, I don’t think it is.

This seriously needs a fix though, only been happening since the docking update, which has given me more issues than benefits.

If I undock, and then redock that same viewport, it will start working, but this is definitely a roblox issue, not a plugin issue.

Roblox, pls fix

6 Likes

Come on, i can’t work normally for 15~ days straight. It’s just impossible to do anything

5 Likes

If anyone here is still having issues, delete the registry key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Roblox\RobloxStudio\LayoutSettings in regedit. This will reset your studio layout and will most likely fix the problem.

Edit: If you are having another issue that is not fixed after deleting this key, try deleting the higher up RobloxStudio key.

50 Likes

This problem is still present. Studio’s entire docking feature is either broken or not functioning as it should. Switching between play test modes also causes the entire docking functionality to just do whatever it pleases. It’s incredibly annoying when you have to undock it and let it floating about in order to even see the viewport. It’s even worse when you dock a window and the entire window just decides to not load its contents. Another issue with this is, the viewport occasionally is unusable in terms of turning viewport camera as it becomes extremely fast, even on the slightest movement.

I’ve tried reinstalling studio and even restoring studio’s settings back to default. None of them provide me a long-lasting solution. My development process has been significantly held down by this issue alone, and I am becoming quite frustrated I hope that this is resolved as quickly as possible.

5 Likes

This fixed the issue. Thank you very much. This has literally been a pain for me.

2 Likes

This issue is breaking Studio any time I start a new test session.

2 Likes

I found a correct fix and it is to drag the game window and drag it back in, it somehow readjusts everything?

3 Likes

Just had this bug happen to my 2nd Studio tab, tried this fix and it worked. Thanks, I really didn’t know what to do about this!

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous bugs I’ve experienced thus far - how this has gone unfixed for over a month is downright baffling.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this as seen from the screenshots, I’ve been suffering it since thursday or friday, when the last update was released, I can get it to work some times but not all the time and it makes opening another studio file literally impossible

unable to resize
I also can’t put the workspace back into the centre of the studio window.

I’m also posting here because I cannot make a bug report myself

3 Likes

It has been a month and a half! It’s so hard to dev with this that I am forced to use mod manager!

2 Likes

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-studio-became-horribly-buggy-after-the-latest-few-updates/2005201/2
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/explorer-and-properties-tab-ui-wont-open/2014752/4

Have you tried deleting the registry key in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Roblox\RobloxStudio yet? This has fixed many issues so far, so it’s worth a try.

4 Likes

I’ve tried everything. Fresh reinstall of studio.
It happens again and again.

Very weird. By chance, are you using any external program? If not, create a new local account and try running studio.

If that still doesn’t work, try changing these properties to change DPI scaling:

And, if you can manage to do so, try enabling the “DPI aware studio” beta feature.

2 Likes

Hey, that works! Thank you! This bug report will still be up since it does still affect a good number of people.

2 Likes

currently no way for me to fix this

1 Like

Wouldn’t the Test > Local Server feature classify as multiple sessions?

1 Like