FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns

I couldn’t think of anything to put for the title lmfao

Yes, I’m back with another devlog. This one was essentially just about fixing all the bugs I managed to create in between this devlog and the first. If you haven’t read that one yet, I’d recommend you do.

Devlog #1: FPS Game Devlog #1 - Starting Out

Between devlogs, I have gotten a lot of progress on my hands. The main star of the show here is the new deploy GUI which allows you to select a gun to use in the game. Because of this, there are two new guns on display - the M16A3 assault rifle, and the G18 pistol. Currently switching between a ‘primary’ gun and a ‘secondary’ gun isn’t possible.

Also, I sort of put the kill-cam idea from last devlog on hold since it’s not really neccessary yet and I thought I might as well add it in later. It was also really hard to make and I wasted like an hour yesterday trying to figure it out bcz im noob at scripting

My GUI skills kind of held me up here, but I managed to get it all sorted out in the end.

Other new features include:

• A description of the gun when you hover over the button (I’m proud of this one even if it doesn’t seem like much lol)

• A sway when you walk, to add realism

• New horizontal recoil along with vertical recoil on the AK-47 to make it more realistic (as that’s the recoil pattern in real life)

Things I’m planning to add

A revamp of the GUI, with features such as stats of guns, case system, etc

More guns, current list to add includes:
Shotguns such as the KS-23M, SPAS-12
• Snipers such as the AWS/M series, the Remington 700, the M107
• More assault rifles such as the AK12, AUG series, SCAR-L, SCAR-H
• LMG’s such as the AUG HBAR, M60, MG42, SCAR HAMR
• PDW’s/Carbines such as the P90, MP5

These guns will be added in as we go along

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system

Currency System

Leveling system - currently all guns are ‘unlocked’ by default.

Reload animations - currently all guns have inf ammo. *cries internally *

Pictures and videos

You can play the beta prototype for yourself if you want: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

You can leave feedback in the replies as well, it would be appreciated!! I will try to post another devlog soon, stay tuned.

6 Likes
FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
FPS Game Devlog | #26 - Gun Game, Map Update and more
FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #30 - NEW Inventory and Skin System!, New Guns, Tactical Reloads, Updated Animations, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #27 - Rank Unlock Guns, new round system, new map voting system, inspect animations, new guns, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far
FPS Game Devlog | #28 - A Fresh Start
FPS Game Devlog | #29 - A Small Serving Of Blender Animation Hell
FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!

wow looks like you got some progress but maybe try using icons instead of text other than that keep it up.

2 Likes

Did you do that yourself? Or you are working with a team. Anyways great job on this.

1 Like

Solo dev for now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes