I couldn’t think of anything to put for the title lmfao
Yes, I’m back with another devlog. This one was essentially just about fixing all the bugs I managed to create in between this devlog and the first. If you haven’t read that one yet, I’d recommend you do.
Devlog #1: FPS Game Devlog #1 - Starting Out
Between devlogs, I have gotten a lot of progress on my hands. The main star of the show here is the new deploy GUI which allows you to select a gun to use in the game. Because of this, there are two new guns on display - the M16A3 assault rifle, and the G18 pistol. Currently switching between a ‘primary’ gun and a ‘secondary’ gun isn’t possible.
Also, I sort of put the kill-cam idea from last devlog on hold since it’s not really neccessary yet and I thought I might as well add it in later. It was also really hard to make and I wasted like an hour yesterday trying to figure it out bcz im noob at scripting
My GUI skills kind of held me up here, but I managed to get it all sorted out in the end.
Other new features include:
• A description of the gun when you hover over the button (I’m proud of this one even if it doesn’t seem like much lol)
• A sway when you walk, to add realism
• New horizontal recoil along with vertical recoil on the AK-47 to make it more realistic (as that’s the recoil pattern in real life)
Things I’m planning to add
• A revamp of the GUI, with features such as stats of guns, case system, etc
• More guns, current list to add includes:
• Shotguns such as the KS-23M, SPAS-12
• Snipers such as the AWS/M series, the Remington 700, the M107
• More assault rifles such as the AK12, AUG series, SCAR-L, SCAR-H
• LMG’s such as the AUG HBAR, M60, MG42, SCAR HAMR
• PDW’s/Carbines such as the P90, MP5
These guns will be added in as we go along
• Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!
• Round system
• Currency System
• Leveling system - currently all guns are ‘unlocked’ by default.
• Reload animations - currently all guns have inf ammo. *cries internally *
Pictures and videos
You can play the beta prototype for yourself if you want: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox
You can leave feedback in the replies as well, it would be appreciated!! I will try to post another devlog soon, stay tuned.