‘im tired’ - IceKing, 2021
Second devlog of the day, welcome! Yes, this is the compensation devlog I was talking about in the last one. I’m really tired but I did get a lot done today.
If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:
• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
Another deploy screen update, essentially I added a tween which goes to the weaponry and back to the main screen when you click on the ‘weapon loadout’ key. Pretty cool if I do say so myself.
Other new features include:
• Knifing, a long requested mechanic. Currently doesn’t do damage but I’ll add that in later. The anim is kinda weird as well but it doesn’t matter for now.
• New idle anim
• New class - SMG’s
• New gun - MP7 SMG. Jack-of-all-trades gun, with higher firerate and low recoil.
Things I’m planning to add
• More weapon classes and guns.
• Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!
• Round system, leveling system, currency system
Pics n stuff
Thats it for this devlog.
You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox
Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well.