FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far

Quick disclaimer - please don’t tell me to move this to another category. I’ve posted devlogs multiple times in cool creations since they’re meant to be fun and interactive with the community pitching ideas as well as giving feedback and things like that.

Wow, I’m finally back! It’s been a week and a day - and in that time I’ve been working on Operation: Strife’s biggest update so far. I’ll be splitting this devlog into different sections due to how massive it is. With that, let’s get straight into it.

If you’re new here I have a series of these devlogs. Go check them out!

Devlogs

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
• Devlog 15: FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
• Devlog 16: Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
• Devlog 17: Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
• Devlog 18: Operation: Strife - Devlog #18 | Test place, nerfs, buffs, and a big announcement
• Devlog 19: FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
• Devlog 20: FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
• Devlog 21: FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!
• Devlog 22: FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
• Devlog 23: FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
• Devlog 24: FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!

Animations (finally!)

I’ve completed the animations for the game. I think they mostly turned out pretty lit. This has been requested many times now, so, here ya go fellas. Here’s a short sample of some of the best animations I’ve made.

(Note - these videos were recorded at different times so the map/ui/layout may look different in each)

M4A3

P90

AUG/AUG-A2

M16A3

That was just a short montage of all there is, so I recommend that you go play the game for the full experience. [BETA] Operation: Strife - Roblox

Engine changes

• Knifing has been added back! This has also been requested quite a bit, so, enjoy!

• Attatchments disabled for now since the data-store loading/saving was causing me a few game-breaking issues.

• Disabled bunny-hopping (meaning you can’t hold space and jump and there is a jump-cooldown)

• Changed font from Gotham to a font that I forgot the name of - looks pretty epic though.

• Added new experimental weapon sway when moving camera left/right/up/down. You might have noticed this already.

• New killfeed and damage markers.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bugs where bullet hole would appear six times lmao

New guns

There are a lot of new guns so I’ll go through each one.

Galil AR

You might know this gun from Counter-Strike. It features a lower fire-rate with moderate damage. An all round good gun to use, you might call it a Jack Of All Trades.

In-game description

The Galil AR is an Israeli assault rifle featured in Valve’s Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Moderate damage with mildly high damage.

M4A3

This is just a burst variant of the M4A1 carbine. It’s in the same family as it (the M4 family) so I’ll probably reclass it to a carbine later on. Weaker damage but higher accuracy and fire-rate.

In-game description

None yet lol I’ll add one soon

UMP-45

A german SMG with high damage but ass fire-rate compared to the rest.

In-game description

The UMP-45 is a German PDW and is the successor to the MP5 series of weapons. Moderate fire rate with higher damage for an SMG.

PP-19 Bizon

This is a Russian SMG with ass damage and ass fire-rate and weird recoil. The only upside would be the high mag capacity of 53 (I think) bullets.

In-game description

The PP-19 Bizon was a submachine gun developed in 1993, headed by Mikhail Kalashnikov’s son, Victor Kalashnikov. It has lower damage but a massive magazine compared to its competitors.

P2000-S

A suppressed version of the H&K P2000.

In-game description

The P2000-S is a suppressed version of the Heckler and Koch P2000. Lower fire-rate but higher damage.

Desert Eagle

A handcannon hailing from Israel. Massive damage for a pistol at the expense of a lot of fire-rate.

In-game description

A heavy duty pistol from Israel. High damage, low RPM, massive stopping power, it will rip through anyone with ease.

Here’s a list of things that I’m planning on adding sooner or later, with an ETA on when it should be released. (delayed because of the animation port)

More guns - N/a since I’ll be actively adding more stuff.

Game mechanics and objectives - ETA two-to-three weeks, I’m working on a ‘King of the Hill’ system atm. :eyes:

A ton of bug fixes - ETA N/A

Crouching - I’m bad at making this sort of thing, so ETA N/A as well

Pictures

Lol, that wasn’t easy cramming a whole week’s worth of work into one short devlog, hope y’all enjoyed though.

Join my comms server on Discord (server invite code is 5pc3tb2Zab) if you haven’t already, thats it for this devlog!

Credits for contributors and stuff

@FrigidYeti for building the office map in-game and constantly working on it as well lmao, also posting bug reports

• Fat Robin#7422 on Discord for working on an unreleased map and also for posting bug reports

You can play the beta version here: Operation: Strife - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated.

Join comms server: 5pc3tb2Zab

11 Likes

Nice! I really like the new animations and models. You should still work on animations, but it’s better than it was before and I love it!

2 Likes