FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes

‘working in class lol’ - IceKing, 2021

Yup, you read the title right. I’ve finished the knifing mechanic. It’s pretty clean if I do say so myself. (Well, yes, but not really. Lolz i’ll probs have to learn animation after this * cries *)

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!

Yeah, so, knifing is done. Just hit the [3] key on your keyboard to equip the knife and left-click to stab. All knife stabs do 100 damage, regardless of where on the body. (Backstabbing currently not available, don’t plan on adding it yet)

Other new features include:

• Crosshair for people who like to ADS

• New arms!!11

• Hitmarker visual and sound effects

Things I’m planning to add

Grenading. (gonna try add this in next update)

More weapon classes and guns.

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, leveling system, currency system

Pics n stuff

So yeah, that’s this update. Have fun with the knifing I guess lol.

You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well. :thinking:

14 Likes
FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far
FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #28 - A Fresh Start
FPS Game Devlog | #26 - Gun Game, Map Update and more
FPS Game Devlog | #27 - Rank Unlock Guns, new round system, new map voting system, inspect animations, new guns, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #29 - A Small Serving Of Blender Animation Hell
FPS Game Devlog | #30 - NEW Inventory and Skin System!, New Guns, Tactical Reloads, Updated Animations, and more!

tbh you need to add in more semi/bolt guns to make it be called sharpshooter in my mind, but good name idea.

1 Like

I recommend reducing the amount of sway the guns have while aiming, as it becomes quite hard to shoot. Apart from that, progress is looking really good so far! Did you take inspiration from Phantom Forces?

1 Like

The game looks amazing! Need an animator for it?

1 Like

Yes, along with other games like Arsenal, Counterblox, etc

I do need an animator but I can’t pay any contributors atm, so if you’re willing to work for free then add me on Discord at IceKing1x#0934

Yeah I was kind of thinking about that. I might add some snipers in today. :wink:

I’m not sure if this is only me, but when you shoot someone the hitmarker should be centred, but its slightly below the middle, its like {0.5, 0.475} on the scale. It should be relatively easy to fix that. Other than that the game is looking really good.

this is awesome however i think that the knife should be titled a bit down then the player can see what’s in front of them. otherwise it will harder to hit a backshot.

The view model bob effect is too intense when you’re aimed down sights. Sometimes I couldn’t even see the ironsights because of it.

Hey, I would be very interested on working on this/becoming a contributor? Could you add me on discord watermelon#3749?

What role will you play in the development in the game?

I agree, I’m working on fixing it atm

I had IgnoreGuiInset off lol, easy fix, just turned it on

1 Like

Any really but ideally map building/design.

Add me on discord IceKing1x#0934