FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!

‘ ’ - IceKing, 2021

Server code join link: kU6Cqmjxxh

Hey, sorry for the lack of devlogs recently, I’ve been working my ass of on the game. Attatchments are here, finally!

I really do need to clear up my post schedule with you guys so, here it is.
I’m gonna be doing one post/log every two days.

With that cleared up, let’s get onto the main update in this log - attatchments.

Attatchments essentially make your gun better for a certain situation. For example, the suppressor lowers the loudness of the gun, while say the muzzle booster (coming soon) makes the RPM of your gun higher.

Currently, there are three classes of attachment - barrel, underbarrel and other.

Barrel will include things like compensators, muzzle brakes, suppressors, silencers, muzzle boosters etc.
Underbarrel is essentially grips and lasers.
Other will be ammo attatchments, conversions, and other random things.

I will be adding sights soon!!! Don’t worry. Currently the only attachment is suppressor but I will add a load more in the next update.

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
• Devlog 15: FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
• Devlog 16: Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
• Devlog 17: Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
• Devlog 18: Operation: Strife - Devlog #18 | Test place, nerfs, buffs, and a big announcement

Other new features include:

• Some bug fixes related to the kill-cam

• (COMING SOON) Whole revamp to the deploy UI. A big revamp.

Things I’m planning to add

More weapon classes and guns.

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, currency system, skin system

Also, a note, if you are deciding to contribute maps you must be willing to stick with it. No leaving in the middle of the project.

Pics and stuff

Join my comms server (invite code is kU6Cqmjxxh) if you haven’t already, thats it for this devlog! Huge props to @YetiKing666 for helping a lot with the game (map making, testing, generally just being dogwater at the game so I have a dummy to test on)

You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated.

Join comms server: kU6Cqmjxxh

4 Likes

you should add long / short barrels for different mobility and muzzle velocity

1 Like

I love :heartbeat: your work GREAT :+1: job I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: with all of my heart!

Your, good at this, live really good!

Thanks for the idea! I’ll add that in soon. :stuck_out_tongue: