Quick disclaimer - please don’t tell me to move this to another category. I’ve posted devlogs multiple times in cool creations since they’re meant to be fun and interactive with the community pitching ideas as well as giving feedback and things like that.
Another 2 weeks, another update.
I got a lot more done in terms of game mechanics, and the game in general. Round system and map voting!
Comms server invite code is 5pc3tb2Zab
If you’re new here I have a series of these devlogs. Go check them out!
• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
• Devlog 15: FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
• Devlog 16: Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
• Devlog 17: Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
• Devlog 18: Operation: Strife - Devlog #18 | Test place, nerfs, buffs, and a big announcement
• Devlog 19: FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
• Devlog 20: FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
• Devlog 21: FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!
• Devlog 22: FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
• Devlog 23: FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
• Devlog 24: FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!
• Devlog 25: FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far
• Devlog 26: FPS Game Devlog | #26 - Gun Game, Map Update and more
Round and Map Changing System
This feature has been in the works for a long, long time, and was needed for a long, long time, to make the game somewhat playable. It’s finally here.
• Each round lasts one minute and thirty seconds (although I will make this longer down the line).
• After the round ends, everything resets and you’re shown your kill/death count.
• Then a map voting UI pops up and shows a list of maps picked randomly from a table. If there are more than 0 votes, the map with the most votes gets loaded. If there are no votes a random map is picked.
Rank Unlock Guns
Yeah, just by reading the title you can probably figure out what this is.
Guns now have a rank requirement to unlock. Here’s the list as follows:
M16 - Rank 0
Glock 17 - Rank 0
MP7 - Rank 1
AUG A2 - Rank 2
P2000-S - Rank 5
M60 - Rank 6
UMP-45 - Rank 8
MAC-10 - Rank 10
FAMAS - Rank 13
P90 - Rank 15
Glock-18 - Rank 18
MG42 - Rank 21
M4A3 - Rank 24
Desert Eagle - Rank 28
M16A3 - Rank 31
PP-19 Bizon - Rank 34
SCAR-C - Rank 36
Five-Seven - Rank 39
M4A1 - Rank 41
AK47 - Rank 47
I will be giving permissions to get guns without having to unlock them to some people.
The M16 - the veteran of assault rifles. First used in the Vietnam War, it has spawned many different variants. It has moderate recoil, range and damage.
The M4A1 is an automatic variant of the M4 carbine. It is also technically classified as a carbine in real life.
The start of a legendary series - the Glock-17. It’s got low recoil, moderate damage and is used in police forces and militaries all around the world.
• The P2000-S is now classified as the P2000.
• The Glock-18 is now automatic again.
• Fixed a rare bug where the game would freeze on shooting.
• Added inspect animation (press H).
• New glock animations and models (both glock 17 and 18).
• Added @dominik4242’s prototype mall map.
Pics n stuff
Join my comms server on Discord (server invite code is 5pc3tb2Zab) if you haven’t already!
Credits for contributors and stuff
• @YetiKing666 for building the office map in-game and constantly working on it as well lmao, also posting bug reports
• @dominik4242 for building the mall map prototype
You can play the beta version here: Operation: Strife - Roblox
Feedback in the replies would be appreciated.
Join comms server: 5pc3tb2Zab