FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!

‘I hate school so bad’ - IceKing, 2021

Welcome back to another devlog! It’s a Monday today so I didn’t really get much done in terms of gameplay - this update was just revamping all the UI again because it looked really crappy in my eyes.

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first four devlogs:

Devlogs

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!

The main thing in this update is the new and improved main menu. (woooo)
I really should probably sort out the hierachy of the UI, but I honestly can’t be bothered. I started with a bad hierarchy and didn’t sort it out early so now all my scripts have references to UI in bad places. Moral of the story: use good object hierarchys early.

I also updated the ammo counter UI so it now has a display of your ammo, but also the gun’s firemode and your health.

Other new features include:

• Your player now ragdolls when dying. (suggested by community)

• Made it so that you can no longer shoot when you’re dead, as you were able to shoot between the delay of you dying and respawning before.

Things I’m planning to add

Grenading and knifing.

More weapon classes and guns.

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, leveling system, currency system

Pics n stuff

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry for the lack of updates in this devlog, I had school today so I didn’t manage to get much done. :sweat_smile:

You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well. :thinking:

7 Likes
FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far
FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
FPS Game Devlog | #28 - A Fresh Start
FPS Game Devlog | #26 - Gun Game, Map Update and more
FPS Game Devlog | #27 - Rank Unlock Guns, new round system, new map voting system, inspect animations, new guns, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #29 - A Small Serving Of Blender Animation Hell
FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #30 - NEW Inventory and Skin System!, New Guns, Tactical Reloads, Updated Animations, and more!
Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!

Hey @iceking_gfx !

So i’m pretty sure i first messaged you on your first dev log, about my team making a HUGE map for you (with the use of my brothers laptop, i should’ve mentioned that) anyways we are part way there, and you are going to love this!

1 Like

I love the UI! however, the health bars color doesn’t fit very well.
Also by the way will you be accepting UGM
or (user generated maps ) when your almost done im thinking of making a map myself.

1 Like

Head hitbox+floating heads kinda weird, making great progress though

1 Like

Thank you! You can post updates if you should like, however this is completely optional.

Yes, I’m accepting community made maps, however I’m not commisioning builders long-term. Hmu on discord (IceKing1x#0934).

1. Add a stepping effect, for which is bonded to a step-sound system, using a sin or cos graph.
  2. Make more realistic sights. Learn how reflection sights work and simulate that.
  3. Add swaying when you move camera.
  4. Add realistic camera recoil with spring module or animated Camera part
  5. Allow players to see their own torso and legs
  6. Add gun animation
  7. Load character only when the player clicks deploy
  8. insert tracer

That’s all for now.

I don’t plan on adding reload animations, I need to learn more about animation in general lol.

How can I do this? I don’t know how to hold the Character from spawning :frowning_face:

I don’t really think this would be great, probably wouldn’t be adding this either.

Working on that. :wink:

What do you mean by ‘stepping effect’?

I’m currently working on this as well, but I don’t really know how to implement it.

1. Go to game.Players and untick CharacterAutoLoads. This will disable the starterGui from functioning so you might want to put a script in replicatedFirst to replicate the GUI.
  2. By stepping effect, i mean to simulate how a real human walks in real life, and not the roblox style, where you actually slides on the ground.

Stepping effect is basically to change your humanoid’s walkspeed based on a value that is between 0 to 1

This looks like a game I would play in its full release excited to see the finished project!

1 Like