FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!

Okay, so this update was essentially taking in a ton of feedback from the community and implementing it in the game. I should think it’s a pretty major update.

If you’re new here I have a series of these devlogs. Go check them out!

Devlogs

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
• Devlog 15: FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
• Devlog 16: Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
• Devlog 17: Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
• Devlog 18: Operation: Strife - Devlog #18 | Test place, nerfs, buffs, and a big announcement
• Devlog 19: FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
• Devlog 20: FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
• Devlog 21: FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!

So the main features requested by the community were:
• Removal of monetisation (for now) - DONE
• Updated Deploy UI with smooth tweening between frames - ** 80% DONE**
• New dynamic crosshair with smooth transitions - DONE
• More attatchments
• ADS’ing to be added back in - KINDA DONE

Currently I’ve fully completed two of these five. I’ll actively complete the others during the week. The ADS’ing is only available right now on the AK-47, but will soon be added to the other weapons.

Things I’m planning on adding:

More weapon classes and guns.

More attatchment classes and attatchments. This will include optics!

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, currency system, skin system

Pics and stuff

Join my comms server (invite code is kU6Cqmjxxh) if you haven’t already, thats it for this devlog! Huge props to @YetiKing666 for helping a lot with the game (map making, testing, generally just being dogwater at the game so I have a dummy to test on)

You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated.

Join comms server: kU6Cqmjxxh

6 Likes

The muzzle flash is so cartoony.

Anyways because I have severe procrastination I have not done squat on the map, incredibly sorry but I’m coming up with a more unique map that’s going to be more fun! ← to make and play