Ohhhh boy. It’s been two weeks since we started this massive project, and now one of the biggest announcements is among us (no among us jokes pls impostor isnt sus).
I have now decided the name for this game/project thing. This was voted on in my communications server (invite is kU6Cqmjxxh).
The new name for this project is:
From now on, I’ll be renaming the devlogs to Operation: Strife Devlog - Devlog | Number, etc. I honestly do appreciate all the support I’ve gotten throughout this journey.
Anyway, corny thanking moment over, let’s get into this update!
If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:
• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
So, yeah, the main update was the new class of guns and the new LMG, the M60. I’m currently still trying to balance the gun, so please do leave comments about it in my comms server (shameless plug no. 2, invite code kU6Cqmjxxh) or here on the forums.
Other new features include:
• A ton of other bug fixes for the killcam, if you find any more bugs relating to it, put them here or (shamelss plug no. 3) on my comms server, invite code is kU6Cqmjxxh
• Map update v4, credit to @YetiKing666
Pics and stuff
Join my comms server if you haven’t already, thats it for this devlog! Huge props to @YetiKing666 for helping a lot with the game (map making, testing, generally just being dogwater at the game so I have a dummy to test on)
You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox
Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. I’d also like your ideas on the CSGO style gameplay. I think it’s a good idea since there aren’t many FPS games with this style of mechanic (apart from CBRO).
Join comms server: kU6Cqmjxxh