FPS Game Devlog | #30 - NEW Inventory and Skin System!, New Guns, Tactical Reloads, Updated Animations, and more!

Hello! Welcome back to another devlog after literally a month. I’m back, with one of the (maybe) biggest updates so far. Let’s get into it, shall we?

You can play the beta version here: Operation: Strife - Roblox

If you’re new here I have a series of these devlogs. Go check them out!

Devlogs

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
• Devlog 15: FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
• Devlog 16: Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
• Devlog 17: Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
• Devlog 18: Operation: Strife - Devlog #18 | Test place, nerfs, buffs, and a big announcement
• Devlog 19: FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
• Devlog 20: FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
• Devlog 21: FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!
• Devlog 22: FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
• Devlog 23: FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
• Devlog 24: FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!
• Devlog 25: FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far
• Devlog 26: FPS Game Devlog | #26 - Gun Game, Map Update and more
• Devlog 27: FPS Game Devlog | #27 - Rank Unlock Guns, new round system, new map voting system, inspect animations, new guns, and more!
• Devlog 28: FPS Game Devlog | #28 - A Fresh Start - #8 by D0RYU
• Devlog 29: FPS Game Devlog | #29 - A Small Serving Of Blender Animation Hell

Overview

So this devlog, I made a ton of things related to visual things.

For starters, I created a new inventory and skin/case system in which, when you open a case you get a random skin. You can equip this skin, which looks like this:

I have also revamped a lot (and I mean a lot) of animations for the guns. I also released a couple new guns, like the MP5/MP5K SMG’s, the P90 SMG and the FAMAS assault rifle.

Inventory and Skin System

Quick note: Users who bought the “skin early access” gamepass should have been gifted their free skin. If there are any issues do DM me on discord at ellen.#0934

Inventory and skin system. You get a case (case drops currently haven’t been implemented) and then that case turns into skin, which you can equip on the random gun chosen for the skin.

I will definitely be adding more skins in the future, so that it’s not just either splatter, camo or gold.

New guns

FAMAS
In game description: The FAMAS - “Fusil d’Assaut de la Manufacture d’Armes de Saint-Étienne” is a bullpup NATO grade rifle used for warfare in the French Army.

MP5
In game description: The MP5 is an iconic German sub-machine gun developed during the Cold War. It has high fire-rate with moderate damage for its class.

MP5K
In game description: The MP5-K is a shortened, machine-pistol variant of the MP5 SMG. It has wilder recoil and higher fire-rate but lower damage and mag size.

P90
In game description: The FN P90 is a little more strange compared to its other SMG counter-parts. It has a weird shape, shoots the 5.7x28mm NATO round and has a 50 round mag-size.

Updated Animations

M4A1
Tactical

Full

MP5 (MP5K reloads are the same)
Tactical

Full

FAMAS
Tactical

Full

P90
Tactical

Full

Glock-20
Tactical

Full

Desert Eagle
Tactical

Full

Wow these took me a long time to record.

Other small updates

• Arm model now depends on the team you are assigned on spawn. If you are assigned the military team then you’ll have the model with the sleeves, if you’re assigned revolutionaries then you won’t have sleeves. You’ll be bare-armed.

Currently teams don’t do much so I’ll be adding more functionality later (like team-only guns such as the AK47).

• New chat system, pretty much the same as the old one but better UI

• You get two Beta Cases every time you join the game.

That’s pretty much it for this long ass devlog. If you would like to, be sure to suggest stuff to add in the replies and join my discord server. The invite code is 5pc3tb2Zab.

Join my comms server on Discord (server invite code is 5pc3tb2Zab) if you haven’t already!

Credits for contributors and stuff

@FrigidYeti for building the office map in-game and constantly working on it as well lmao, also posting bug reports

@dominik4242 for building the mall map prototype

You can play the beta version here: Operation: Strife - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated.

Join comms server: 5pc3tb2Zab

15 Likes

avoiding demonetisation be like

revolutionaries

2 Likes

Getting better with every devlog : D

Can’t wait for the day this game is released, definitely front page standards.

I am also sure the person who made the map in-game is very smart and handsome.

ps. How did you learn to animate in like 2 weeks??

2 Likes

Watching a lot of other people animate helps. The RankingNoob is a good channel

3 Likes

Hello! I’ve made some maps that I don’t really need… I’d be happy to donate them to this game… (BTW I’m a huge fan of your work…)

1 Like

Hi! Please can you show me some screenshots in a Devforum Message? Thanks!

1 Like