FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!

‘i really hate animating’ - IceKing, 2021

So, yeah. It’s finally here. I’ve postponed and procrastinated on this update for SO LONG and I thought I might as well get off my ass and start animating and doing something worthwhile. Before this update it looked weird af without any serverside movements but now it looks a bit better. Just a bit. Anyway…

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More

So, uh, yeah. The most important aspect of this update is probably the server-side limb movement. It might not sound cool but trust me, this update was waiting to be released all along. Gone are the days where you couldn’t see what or how other players are shooting or what they’re doing. Now you can see every move. (well not every move i exaggerated that a lot but)

I had to do a lot of animating to get here so, I hope y’all enjoy this dumb update. I still have like 123879 other animations to do so I’m far from finished with the serverside movement. :frowning_face:

Other new features include:

• Dynamic crosshair!!! This essentially means the crosshair enlargens as you sprint or when you’re shooting. If you’re still/don’t sprint then it stays as normal.

• Lots and lots of bug fixes.

• The hitmarked image is gone since I had tons of trouble rescaling it for all devices

Things I’m planning to add

Grenading. (might scrap this)

More weapon classes and guns.

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, leveling system, currency system

Pics n stuff

(CURRENTLY DONT HAVE PICS OF THE SERVERSIDE MOVEMENT IN PLAY BUT I CAN ASSURE U IT WORKS)

You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well. :thinking:

4 Likes

Looks nice! Can I dm you on discord?

Sure, hmu IceKing1x#0934
30 ch

Some things you should add are improved gui and camera effects for running, shooting, etc.

Looks good.
Maybe make the gui more detailed.

Sharp shooter is a nice name but there are some other good names like sharpshot which really isnt that good but you get the point