FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!

‘i dont wanna suck in a game which i partaked in making’ - @FrigidYeti, 2021

We now have A DISCORD SERVER!! Join here for updates and stuff. Discord

Mesh guns are now live. I decided to do this becaue mesh guns are wayyy better looking than your average part guns. Anyway,

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!

So yeah. Along with mesh guns come millions of offsetting issues so ADS’ing isn’t a great idea right now. Also while we’re on this topic of ADS’ing, I’m contemplating disabling it since
a) I don’t like it
b) It’s not realistic
c) I want this game to have CSGO mechanics in it. Kind of like a ‘one team plants item, other team defuses item’ game but with its own unique mechanics. Or you could think of it as a CB:RO remaster. Either way, I’ve been eyeing up this idea for a bit as right now the game doesn’t really have a goal.

Other new features include:

• (semi functional) leaderboard. Displays your rank, name, ko’s and wo’s along with a KD/R. This will be updated to include the whole server.

• The annoying baseplate is gone.

Things I’m planning to add

An update to the kill screen. (still being worked on)

If I’m going with the CSGO style game, then a completely revamped ‘deploy screen’ although as CSGO style games don’t really have deploy screens, it’ll turn into a ‘buy phase screen’.

More weapon classes and guns.

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, currency system

Pics and stuff

Thats it for this devlog! Huge props to @FrigidYeti for helping a lot with the game (map making, testing, generally just being dogwater at the game so I have a dummy to test on)

You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Syndicate , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well. :thinking: I’d also like your ideas on the CSGO style gameplay. I think it’s a good idea since there aren’t many FPS games with this style of mechanic (apart from CBRO).

6 Likes

Syndicate is a good name so far and great work.

1 Like

Seems cool but also seems like Phantom Forces.

1 Like

wow! im thinking of making a map for this game!
THINK OF CALLONG IT ‘crossfire’

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I’m trying to change up the game mechanics.

Very good so far, however I see a couple issues.
The main issue is zooming in to use the scope for the weapon. I didn’t try other guns, but for the AK-47, the sights currently dont match up and the bullet lands to the left of the gun, making it impossible to aim with it.
without zooming in, I feel like the guns are faar too accurate. There should be an increased amount of spray when not zoomed in.
I couldn’t tell when a gun was selected in the menu. It would be nice for something to pop up when you have selected a weapon so you know.

Do you have any plans to add equipment? Games such as phantom forces currently lack the ability to have equipment other than grenades. You could add smokes, semtex, heartbeats, stims etc!

https://gyazo.com/26bffdf6b5dd50db2a70e17b9855254c you also shouldnt be able to shoot someone with 4 bullets from that distanace with a mac-10 haha

Yes, that’s why I’m considering removing ADS. And yeah I agree with the accuracy problem, i’ll probably have to revamp the recoil system.

1 Like

Removing ADS might be a a good shout, it can be more like CS:GO then too.

1 Like