FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!

Wow, it’s been literally a week since my last devlog.
Sorry for the silence! :sweat_smile:

I might start doing larger devlogs weekly instead of a small devlog every few days. Please let me know your standpoint on this.

If you’re new here I have a series of these devlogs. Go check them out!

Devlogs

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
• Devlog 15: FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
• Devlog 16: Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
• Devlog 17: Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
• Devlog 18: Operation: Strife - Devlog #18 | Test place, nerfs, buffs, and a big announcement
• Devlog 19: FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
• Devlog 20: FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
• Devlog 21: FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!

So I’ve got a lot done in this update, let me go over them all.

New P90 and Five-seven - pretty self explanatory! Two new guns to play with - an SMG and a pistol. Both have pretty high mag sizes but lower damage and recoil.

– P90 in-game description:

The FN P90 is a high-capacity low-recoil submachine gun which uses the FN 5.7x28mm round. It was developed alongside the FN Five-seveN - also a high capacity low damage gun.

– Five-seveN in-game description:

Five-seveN - no, that’s not a typo. A pistol made by FN to be used alongside its sister weapon, the P90. It features a high-capacity magazine but with lower damage.

Votekicking - currently not fully finished with still a ton of bugs - do report them in the comments or in my server (server invite code 5pc3tb2Zab on Discord).

Press P to type in a player’s name, then hit enter and a votekick will pop up. The server has 30 seconds to decide whether to kick the player or not!

New bursting feature - this has been in progress for the looooongest time. Finally today it’s out! Essentially it’s a three-round burst in one click. If you’ve played FPS games before you’ll know what this is. Currently only available on the GLOCK-18 but will definitely add more burst guns later on.

Dynamic lighting based on time of day

Lighting effects - Just to make the game look prettier and not like it was made by a seven-year-old.

Nerfs and buffs - This was inevitable, the meta before this was just AK47 + Glock-18.

- Nerfed Glock-18 by changing it from AUTO to BURST.
- Nerfed AK47 by adding slightly more recoil
- Buffed M1911 by adding more damage (Slightly)

A few gun model changes

ADS’ing - A highly requested mechanic to add back in. I’m still working on it! It’s only available on three guns (AK47, M16A3, Glock-18) at the moment but will spread to all hopefully by the next update.

Prototype settings menu (currently not in game)

Here’s a list of things that I’m planning on adding sooner or later, with an ETA on when it should be released.

ADS’ing on every gun - ETA hopefully Wednesday or Thursday next week, sooner might be possible though

More guns/attatchments - I don’t plan on adding more guns/attatchments for the moment unless someone suggests one, this is because I want to get the game mechanics and finish the UI revamp out before I continue making guns like crazy. - ETA N/A

Game mechanics - ETA two-to-three weeks

Finishing the UI revamp - ETA Wednesday or Thursday (will be definitely added in next update)

A ton of bug fixes - ETA N/A

Walk, jump etc sound changes - ETA update after next since it’s not that important lol

Crouching - I’m bad at making this sort of thing, so ETA probably update after next as well

Pictures from this update:

Join my comms server on Discord (server invite code is 5pc3tb2Zab) if you haven’t already, thats it for this devlog!

Credits for contributors and stuff

@YetiKing666 for building the office map in-game and constantly working on it as well lmao, also posting bug reports

• Fat Robin#7422 on Discord for working on an unreleased map and also for posting bug reports

You can play the beta version here: [BETA] Operation: Strife - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated.

Join comms server: 5pc3tb2Zab

13 Likes