FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!

‘I need some quotes to put here’ - IceKing, 2021

So, yeah! I’m back again as always, welcome to the devlog. I got a whole ton done today, I’m pretty proud of it to be honest. It’s not everyday I can get out of bed and start working on something instead of just watching youtube.

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first three devlogs:
• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff

I think the thing I’m most proud of is the switching/reloading anims. I know, I know, they’re not that great, blah, blah, blah, shut up. I’m proud of it mainly due to the fact it took me an hour to figure out how to use the CFrame.Lerp feature. D:

The switching/reloading animations/lerps are literally the same thing. I reused the switching animation and just changed a few lines of code to not make it switch and instead reload the current gun. I think it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. :thinking:

Other new features include:

• New and improved Deploy UI.

• New M9 pistol!! The G18 was kinda lonely by itself lmao.

• And yes, you can now equip secondaries alongside your lovely primary. :smiley:

Things I’m planning to add (this is literally gonna be the exact same as last time lmao)

More guns, pretty self explanatory.

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, leveling system, currency system

Pics n stuff

Hope you enjoyed! You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well. :thinking:

14 Likes
FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
FPS Game Devlog | #26 - Gun Game, Map Update and more
Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far
FPS Game Devlog | #28 - A Fresh Start
FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #27 - Rank Unlock Guns, new round system, new map voting system, inspect animations, new guns, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #29 - A Small Serving Of Blender Animation Hell
FPS Game Devlog | #30 - NEW Inventory and Skin System!, New Guns, Tactical Reloads, Updated Animations, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!

Wow that’s amazing add are you going to publish it as a model I would pay maybe 100 robux keep it up

1 Like

Not going to be putting this for sale, I spent a lot of time on this lol, thanx for the comment anyway :smiley:

Well that’s fine it’s great to see great devs like you giving Roblox lots and lots of potential keep it up

The recoil looks strange, but other than that this is really neat. Wish you luck on your journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which gun’s recoil you talking about? Thanks for the feedback.

When is the map limit and do you want a specific theme(i.e. can I do futuristic or something) haven’t really worked on it in a while.

Both guns tilt to the right and it doesn’t look very good!

If you’re talking about the AK-47 and the M9, then
• The AK-47’s recoil pattern looks like that in real life. :sweat_smile:
• The M9’s recoil is like that as well but a bit less weird.

By map limit, do you mean like a deadline? If so, no, go at your own pace. I’d like maybe a city map

this dont look like reload anim just putting gun under camera view and reload noise?

Yeah I was thinking of building a city district/warehouse district map, with alleys and brick buildings

I don’t plan on adding real qnimations anytime soon, my animation skills ATM aren’t that great

If i were to submit a map, what style should it be ?

I’ve got some people working on a city map, so maybe a desert army camp map maybe?

If you are thinking of contributing a map, please can you add me on Discord at IceKing1x#6969

Is it okay if I submit it through devforum PMs? Deleted my account a while ago.
Also, I probably won’t be ready for a while, been lazy lol
yeah it’s okay, I just work a bit better under a (longish) deadline to pace myself

Rip, lol. Yeah, devforum DMs are fine, and you can build at your own pace. Don’t feel like you have to have a deadline or anything!!!

2 Likes

Ehhhh, add some actual animations then it’ll look good lol

I’m not great with animating viewmodels so I’m still practicing. I might not add actual animations because my skill is really low