FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!

‘AAAAAAAAA’ - IceKing, 2021

Yup, finished the levelling system thing. I’m proud of it. Currently highest ranked player is me at rank 8!!! :cool:

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System

So, uh, yeah. Levelling system. Currently the only way to get XP is by playing the game (you get xp intermittently) but don’t worry, I’ll be adding XP on kills as well. Soon. You advance onto the next rank after you hit a certain amount of XP. The formula goes as follows:

Rank x 1000 + 1000 = Amount of EXP needed to advance onto the next rank

Other new features include:

• A death screen. It insults you if you die (sometimes). Most of the time it’s just a nice little message to encourage you to play again.

Things I’m planning to add

More weapon classes and guns.

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, leveling system, currency system

Thats it for this devlog.
You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well. :thinking:

5 Likes

If you are looking for a map, please DM me or tell me your account with tag :smiley: I have some maps that I made and don’t use so I can give them to you!

I have to say good job mate but I want to point out some stuff:

1. Change the hands / arms texture to smooth plastic to make them look better since they are set on concrete texture
  2. Sights are off making it harder to aim, try making them stand still in center of screen or make the screen zoom into the sight.

Again pretty good and I wish you good luck.

You asked for feedback and I’m going to give you some, I really like your game and I can see it going somewhere, it just needs some improvements.

I’m not hating on your game though, I do understand it’s a prototype but just incase you haven’t though of changing some of these ideas I have, here you go:

Feedback

3a3b051526ba0530d355b55da5978038

• Chat goes over the UI.
  • UI icons look stretched.
  • When hovering over the buttons, there’s a click noise. You should also tween the textcolor/imagecolor or make the text bigger to fully indicate what button the player is hovering over. This is just an idea to make it look cleaner.

• The 0 / 0 text doesn’t tell you what it is. I can guess that it’s experience but me, the player, isn’t fully sure.
  • There’s a small border going around the frame that doesn’t seem to fit the theme.
  • Try playing with more colors than just yellow, maybe make it translucent as well?
  • Rank should be changed to Current Rank. Since there’s other text that says Next Rank.

• The background is super bland, I’m assuming you know this already though so I won’t get too much into it.
  • The player should have an animation holding the gun.
  • Also on graphics 10, the neon is sort of blinding, maybe try moderation in using it? Part neon, part metal, etc.

you should have a saved loadout bruhhh
i stuck on you died screen
animations or not really good lol
knife animation is just bruuuuu

there’s a close button at the top

im not that great at animations anyways

1 Like

IceKing1x#0934 add me on discord

Currently working on a custom chat UI, which is why that annoying pop-up is still there. COMING SOON

I agree, I’m currently trying to rescale/resize the UI on all devices, it’s taking a bit of time because I’m very new to UI design.

That’s a good idea, I’ll implement that at some stage.

Yes, it’s experience, I’ll add a text label there to show

I’ll remove that asap

Translucent text won’t work well with the dark background. I might change it to white later though.

Yes, I’ll add that as well

Fixing that

As in in-game or in the lobby? In game there’s already an idle animation

Yes, I’m removing the neon soon.

thanks for the critique, I’ll implement these changes soon (probably in the next update)

2 Likes

They’re currently actually set on plastic texture, but, yeah, I’ll set it to Smooth.