Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!

‘write dvelgo !!11!234944839292{¥]¥$>€>:mzmmmZmsmM’ma>%’ - @YetiKing666, 2021

Finally one of the most requested features in the game is here - saving loadouts. Gone are the days where you had to rebuild your entire loadout from scratch when you died. And the best part is, loadouts save between sessions as well! You could be using an AK-47 with an M1911 in one server, you could leave and join another and it would still be there.

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
• Devlog 15: FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!

Also in this update, I added a blood effect/vignette on your screen as you get damaged. It goes away over time as you heal. I hope it isn’t too annoying to play with.

Other new features include:

• New sniper rifle category (still being worked on, bolting will be possible)

• Lots of nerfs and buffs

• Bug fixes (a lot of them as well lol)

Pics and stuff

Join my comms server if you haven’t already (code is 5pc3tb2Zab), thats it for this devlog! Huge props to @YetiKing666 for helping a lot with the game (map making, testing, generally just being dogwater at the game so I have a dummy to test on)

Kind of a shorter devlog today because I had a lot of stuff to do irl, but I’ll try and not ever have a 0% day.

You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. I’d also like your ideas on the CSGO style gameplay. I think it’s a good idea since there aren’t many FPS games with this style of mechanic (apart from CBRO).

Join comms server: kU6Cqmjxxh

8 Likes

Are you going to add combat dummies?

So this is a devlog for a game that you are creating, correct?

1 Like

Been silently following this devlog for some time now, and I gotta say, it’s coming along very well. Only tiny problem I have is the UI in the bottom right, but that’s just me being a modernist :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

Can’t wait to see the finished product. Best of luck!

1 Like

Yes it is.

I’ll change that asap. :smiley:

Probably not as it’s gonna be an FFA.

Yeah, just for the framework, I have nobody to fight and my man the zomb doesn’t respawn

1 Like