Woah, it’s Saturday! I’m gonna be a no-life again!!!11
Jokes aside, welcome to this devlog. Today I actually got a lot done in terms of the framework. If we’re talking about the real game, then, eh.
Anyway, if you’re new to this series I’d recommend you read the first two devlogs:
• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
Today I actually managed to get a functioning reload system. Currently there are no animations since animations are scary and I don’t know how to use them and I probably won’t be assed to learn how to animate (Well, maybe, if I have to. Probably a yes.) If any of you know how to animate viewmodels, drop me a DM on Discord at IceKing1x#6969 and I’d appreciate if you could maybe teach me or give me a few tips.
The reload system I have right now is literally nearly done except for the fact that I don’t have any animations. Kind of a problem. But yeah, it works fine, it functions fine, it’s just got no animations.
• A sound that plays when you hover over a button. Pretty cool in my opinion, makes it actually seem professional and not just a stupid project some kid has been working on for the past few days.
• Reloading sounds!!!11
• An ammo counter in the bottom corner along with a counter of the reserve ammo.
Things I’m planning to add (this is literally gonna be the exact same as last time with a lot more lmao)
• Reloading animations (maybe, maybe not. If I decide not to have anims I’ll probably just have a mag fall off the gun with a sound. * cries *)
• More guns, pretty self explanatory. I’m kind of hesitant to add more guns atm since I don’t know whether I want reloading animations. If I do decide to add them then I’ll have to animate more guns in one go, so I might hold fire with adding new guns for now.
• I might revamp the deploy UI. Maybe. If I can be bothered. probably not lmao
• Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!
• Round system, leveling system, currency system (not needed atm since I’m still working on the framework of the FPS game)
Yeah, so that’s basically all my lazy ass could get done today. Hope you enjoyed.
You can play the beta version here: [BETA] Operation: Strife - Roblox
Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter, but I’d like to hear your ideas as well.