FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!

Not much done today in terms of development, I had a crap ton of schoolwork so development will be slower on weekdays.

If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:

• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!

Wow, would you believe it??? I revamped the Deploy menu again. For the third time. But it looks really clean now. :smiley: I manipulated the camera to focus on a random dummy that should look like what you do in the game. The deploy, weapon loadout and settings buttons are smaller and are in the top left and I scrapped the title at the top.

Other new features include:

• You now ‘spawn’ at a random position on the map. (I put it in speechmarks because you don’t technically spawn on the map per se but you get teleported onto a random position.)

• A ton of smaller bug fixes

Things I’m planning to add

Grenading and knifing.

More weapon classes and guns.

Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!

Round system, leveling system, currency system

Pics n stuff

So yeah, that’s this update. I realised that I should’ve posted this last night but I got so tired that I forgot. So I’ll probably do another update alongside this one to compensate for that.

You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox

Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well. :thinking:

7 Likes
FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
FPS Game Devlog | #27 - Rank Unlock Guns, new round system, new map voting system, inspect animations, new guns, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #29 - A Small Serving Of Blender Animation Hell
FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
FPS Game Devlog | #30 - NEW Inventory and Skin System!, New Guns, Tactical Reloads, Updated Animations, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
FPS Game Devlog | #26 - Gun Game, Map Update and more
FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far
FPS Game Devlog | #28 - A Fresh Start

:open_mouth: that looks sick bro

2 Likes

PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. ADD A CROSSHAIR! I CANT AIM WITHOUT MY CROSSHAIRS

But aside from that; Yeah its looking pretty good ma dude.

3 Likes

LOL
you know you can ads? but yeah for the people who like hipfiring i’ll add a crosshair

Looks, sick man however maybe you should add is a different menu screen that looks kind of bland… Here some inspiration I found which you could take.

A background like this would be great.

1 Like

whats an ads. I’m an arsenal player. I dont know thy terms.

aim down sights, hold right click

yes, But I like hip fire + Aiming down the sights when u shoot it has a spaz. My brain doesn’t understand and I tend to fail to shoot.

1 Like