Not much done today in terms of development, I had a crap ton of schoolwork so development will be slower on weekdays.
If you’re new here, I’d recommend you read the first few devlogs in the series:
• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
Wow, would you believe it??? I revamped the Deploy menu again. For the third time. But it looks really clean now. I manipulated the camera to focus on a random dummy that should look like what you do in the game. The deploy, weapon loadout and settings buttons are smaller and are in the top left and I scrapped the title at the top.
• You now ‘spawn’ at a random position on the map. (I put it in speechmarks because you don’t technically spawn on the map per se but you get teleported onto a random position.)
• A ton of smaller bug fixes
• Grenading and knifing.
• More weapon classes and guns.
• Maps - you can contribute to the game by sending a map you’ve made to me through Discord at IceKing1x#6969. You can provide full credits on the map and I will do that as well in the GUI. Currently I can’t pay map-makers, sorry!
• Round system, leveling system, currency system
So yeah, that’s this update. I realised that I should’ve posted this last night but I got so tired that I forgot. So I’ll probably do another update alongside this one to compensate for that.
You can play the beta version here: FPS Framework Prototype - Roblox
Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. Also, if you want to, you could think of a name for me to give this project. Currently I’m thinking of calling it Sharpshooter , but I’d like to hear your ideas as well.