Global Rule 6
6. The private sections of the forum are mature enough for occasional swear words for emphasis. That said, do not direct swear words at other members or use sexual/extreme language.
6.1 Directed swearing or extreme language is prohibited on all categories of the Developer Forum.
Global Rule 7
7. Spam replies and topics will be removed. Do not post the same topic repetitively or repeat the same post within a topic. Spam includes posts like “bump” or “first” that do not add to the content of the discussion.
7.1 Do not create topics asking how much you should sell or buy assets for; these will be considered spam.
7.2 Do not create topics asking users to rate your assets. Asking for feedback is fine, but asking for a rating (e.g. X out of 10) will be considered spam.
Global Rule 8
8. Do not make posts regarding Developer Forum moderation. If you disagree with moderation actions on the forum, discuss it in private with the moderators.
8.1 Do not reply aggressively to moderation or feedback messages. If you want to discuss a moderation action or feedback message that you’ve received, you are expected to do so in a civil manner. Inappropriate, derogatory, or offensive replies to these messages will result in punishment.
8.2 Do not abuse the Flag system to maliciously hide posts.
8.3 Do not create artificial forum activity, such as using alternate accounts to like your own posts.
Global Rule 9
9. Posts consisting of memes, puns and meme-related GIFs, should only be posted in the Lounge categories, and are not appropriate outside of Lounge. (Lounge is only accessible for Regulars)
Global Rule 10
10. In every category except Bulletin Board, you may not post on behalf of non-Developer Forum members.
Global Rule 11
11. Do not bump old topics. You should only reply to older topics if you have significant new information to add to the discussion.
Global Rule 12
12. Our community is gauged for Developers aged 13 years and older. Therefore there should not be any references to illicit or extreme content anywhere on the Developer Forum. This includes (but is not limited to) adult content and use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
12.1. You may not post NSFW/adult content on the Developer Forum. Intentionality is a factor - anything that is borderline or questionably NSFW will be considered unintentional, whereas any post that is very clearly NSFW will be considered intentional. The punishments for both differ, as you can see in the Broken Rules Matrix.
Global Rule 15
15. You may not use the Developer Forum to request donations, whether it be in Robux, real-world currency, or otherwise, or perform fundraising endeavors.
15.1 You may not use the Developer Forum to ask for or offer monetary investments, whether via Robux or real-life currency.
Global Rule 16
16. Do not solicit other developers or Roblox employees to advertise products, services, or anything else.
Global Rule 17
17. Do not claim credit for work that you did not create. This includes, but is not limited to: building, scripting, compositions, animations, 3D models, and artwork.
Public Section - Rule 1
1. The updates section of the forum is readable by the public, and therefore has tighter rules regarding commenting. Normal forum rules apply, but there are several guidelines specific to this section that will be enforced strictly. Any violation of guidelines will result in immediate action.
Public Section - Rule 2
2. No profanity whatsoever.
Public Section - Rule 3
3. Replies to a topic must be about the subject of that topic.
3.1 For example: If the topic announces a feature, do not discuss unrelated features in the same topic.
Global Rule 18
18. Stay polite! We encourage earnest discussion of topics; you may disagree completely with any number of users, systems, or practices but we trust you to present your arguments respectfully and politely. Everyone’s opinion matters!
18.1 Do not join in on arguments, accusations, or aggressive behavior towards a specific developer, or other similar situations. Flag these posts if you see them for the Developer Engagement Team to handle instead.
Public Section - Rule 4
4. The public updates section of the forum will be under strict scrutiny; if a moderator interprets that any of these rules have been violated action will be taken swiftly and with no reprieve.
Feature Requests - Specific Rule 1
1. Please be considerate about other members who might have posted the same feature request you are asking for. Please do a quick search before posting in this section. If you see a duplicate, make sure to flag the topic and a moderator will merge the topic with the original feature request.
Feature Requests - Specific Rule 2
2. Always remember to post under the correct sub-category!
Feature Requests - Specific Rule 3
3. Post constructive feedback only in this section, and do not post things such as “I do not like this change.” without suggesting ways for improvement.
Feature Requests - Specific Rule 4
4. Posts consisting of memes, puns and meme-related GIFs are not appropriate here. They may only be posted in Lounge categories (accessible to Regulars).